It is a requirement under the Multicultural Victoria Act 2011 that all Victorian Government departments report annually on multicultural achievements and initiatives.
The Act requires each Department to report annually on:
- the use of interpreting and translating services
- communications in languages other than English and communications in the multicultural media
- any major improvements made or initiatives developed that promote multiculturalism in Victoria and meet the identified needs of Victoria's culturally and linguistically diverse communities, including the identified needs of youth, older persons and women within these communities
- the extent to which people from different cultural and linguistically backgrounds were represented on boards and committees
- progress under its cultural diversity plan
- any initiatives developed to meet the identified needs of diverse communities in rural and regional areas
- any measures taken to promote human rights in accordance with the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities 2006.
- Read the Victorian Government's Annual Reports on Achievements in Multicultural Affairs.
The Act also requires the Victorian Multicultural Commission to consult with the community on the content of each report. Feedback from these consultations informs departments' future planning for multicultural service delivery.
|Last Updated on Monday, 07 May 2012 16:28|