The Unity Through Partnerships (UTP) Grants Program is funded through the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Citizenship (OMAC).
The UTP Grants Program aims to bring together two or more of Victoria’s diverse ethnic, cultural and religious communities to undertake a joint project, culminating in a public festival, event, or gathering that:
- fosters cross-cultural connections by encouraging community organisations from different cultural, religious and linguistic backgrounds to work in partnership on a joint project;
- showcases the vibrancy of multiculturalism through festivals and/or events that encourage the participation of the whole community;
- demonstrates the benefits of cultural, linguistic and religious diversity to the broader Victorian community;
- builds the capacity and experience of participating community organisations through mutual support, skills development, knowledge sharing and mentoring between partnering organisations;
- develops sustainable relationships between partner organisations with a view to maintaining partnerships after the completion of the project;
- provides opportunities for meaningful and sustainable participation and engagement of a wide range of Victorians, with emphasis on new and emerging communities or groups currently under-represented in community activities; and
- promotes education and awareness of racial and religious diversity and acceptance in Victoria.
Priority is given to projects demonstrating:
- opportunities for community organisations that are less experienced in project and event management to be mentored by community organisations that are experienced in these areas;
- opportunities for the partnering organisations to build their understanding of each other’s communities throughout the project period; and
- willingness of partnering organisations to maintain sustainable relationships after the project and funding period concludes and to organise with other organisations to promote intercultural understanding in the future.
What funding is available?
The total annual budget of the UTP Grants Program is $1.1 million. Organisations may make applications for up to $100,000. In previous rounds, grants have ranged between $5,000 and $100,000, with an average grant size of approximately $30,000.
What is the application process?
The UTP Grants Program 2014 round closed on 28 February 2014. This round will fund festivals and events occurring between 1 July 2014 and 30 June 2015. Applicants will receive written notification advising the outcome of their grant application in June 2014.
For more information
Read the UTP Grants Program Guidelines or contact the Unity Through Partnerships Grants Team on (03) 9651 2931.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 March 2014 14:29