The Multifaith and Interfaith Grants Program seeks to broadly promote social cohesion, understanding and acceptance among Victoria’s diverse faith communities and within the wider Victorian community.
The Program achieves this by funding projects that aim to:
- encourage faith groups to develop strong relationships and partnerships with diverse groups, faith communities and the broader Victorian community;
- support Victoria’s diverse communities to engage in multifaith activities;
- support faith communities and organisations to better engage people, organisations and communities that are currently not involved in multifaith activity;
- promote engagement with a broad range of faith and community members, including new and emerging communities;
- assist with the establishment of new interfaith networks or build the skill base and sustainability of existing interfaith networks;
- promote education and awareness of racial and religious tolerance in Victoria;
- and increase understanding of and respect for other faiths and cultures.
Priority is given to projects displaying strong collaborative links between partner organisations that include a faith-based organisation and which involve the broader Victorian community in activities.
Last Updated on Monday, 14 May 2012 09:58