Education and Early Childhood Award
The Education and Early Childhood Award recognises outstanding practice in education and early childhood services that raise awareness and support the implementation of civics and citizenship, multicultural education and builds social cohesion in education settings.
These could include but are not limited to:
- Learning and teaching programs that incorporate local, national and international perspectives across the years of schooling and in early childhood settings.
- Programs/initiatives that raise awareness and support the educational and settlement needs of communities from migrant and refugee backgrounds.
- Programs/initiatives which promote informed civic participation in Victoria’s multicultural community.
- Programs/initiatives that build the civics, citizenship and intercultural capabilities of educators and early childhood professionals.
- Programs/initiatives that promote social cohesion and community resilience in education settings.
Eligibility: Educators, schools, early childhood centres and not for profit community education organisations. Self-nominations will not be accepted from individuals, but schools, early childhood centres and not for profit community education organisations may self-nominate.