Award for Meritorious Service to the Community
The Award for Meritorious Service to the Community recognises the outstanding achievements of a community group or an individual who has enhanced multiculturalism in Victoria. ‘Meritorious’ means ‘deserving of praise’, and this award is a chance to praise and thank those who support diversity in their communities. Nominations for initiatives that address family violence and encourage multicultural participation in sports, arts and culture will be highly regarded.
This award has two sub categories:
- Volunteers (minimum of 10 years voluntary service)
- Paid work
A profile of a nominee includes:
- involved with culturally and linguistically diverse communities in volunteer or paid roles,
- actively participates in existing projects designed to improve services to or relationships with culturally, linguistically and religiously diverse communities,
- promotes multiculturalism and interculturalism, and improves relations within and across communities, or
- develops or enhances programs to assist Victoria’s multicultural community, including in the areas of social cohesion, addressing family violence, sports, arts and culture.
Individuals and community groups. Self-nominations are not accepted.
Nominations are due midnight, Monday 21 August 2017.
Submit your nomination for the Award for Meritorious Service to the Community.