The Victorian Multicultural Commission (VMC) established eight Regional Advisory Councils across the state in 2012. The role of the Regional Advisory Councils are to:
- Inform the Commission about issues and challenges impacting multicultural communities in their region.
- Keep the Commission abreast on matters of multicultural affairs, settlement, access to services and citizenships issues, including equitable outcomes for multicultural communities.
- Assist the Commission in its commitment to multicultural affairs in the local regions, including promoting the benefits of cultural, linguistic and religious diversity.
- Identify potential pathways and opportunities for participation and connecting communities, activities and events to strengthen community capacity.
Three Regional Advisory Councils are based in Melbourne and surrounds - Eastern Metropolitan, North & West Metropolitan and Southern Metropolitan - and five are based in rural and regional Victoria - Baron South West, Hume, Loddon Mallee, Gippsland and Grampians. Each Regional Advisory Council is comprised of:
- local community members;
- local service providers delivering services to migrant and multicultural communities;
- local business and community representatives; and
- local government representatives.
Please contact RAC Secretariat for further information, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 7017 8147.
Regional Advisory Council Recruitment 2017 -
Expressions of Interest Now Open
The Victorian Multicultural Commission is seeking expressions of interest from community members, business and local government representatives and service providers interested in representing multicultural affairs in their region.
Please submit applications and supporting documentation via email to email@example.com.
If mailing your application, please ensure that the envelope is marked private and confidential and forward to:
Regional Advisory Council Secretariat Victorian Multicultural Commission
GPO Box 4698 MELBOURNE VIC 3001
For assistance with the application, please contact: Phone: (03) 7017 8147 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of Interest are open until Monday 19 June 2017.