- Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship has information on skilled migration including the Skilled Occupation List.
- Live in Melbourne has information for migrants on working and employment in Victoria including guides for finding a job in particular industry sectors.
- AMES provides a Skilled Professional Migrant program to help you get the job you want and offer work experience placements with reputable Australian companies.
- The Transformation of Rural America in the 21st Century: A Case Study on Migrant Receptivity in Fort Morgan, Colorado shares a look on how migrant populations in the United States have grown considerably in the last few decades. Driven by employment, the spatial settlement of migrants has diversified beyond original gateway states and into small-town America.
- Human Mobility and Returnee Entrepreneurship: Evidence from Mexico explores the combined role of remittances and migrant experience on entrepreneurial activity of returnee migrants.
- Inquiry into Migration and Multiculturalism in Australia assesses the benefits of migration, refresh our understanding of current issues, and consider the efficacy of multiculturalism as a framework for settlement, integration and participation.
- A far north Queensland social service is worried it will lose a program aimed at helping migrants find work next year. Fears for FNQ migrant employment program digs more into this issue.
- Problems of Migrant Integration in Ukraine assesses opportunities and develops proposals for the integration of immigrants, as well as the adaptation of re-emigrants – long-term Ukrainian labour migrants returning home.
- Migrant Workers as Subjects of Human Rights examines the international protection of migrant workers.
- Chris Berg believes that Multiculturalism is a useless word. Read more about it.
2010 and earlier
- Perceptions of Multiculturalism and Security in Victoria aims is to generate new understandings on mainstream Victorians’ attitudes towards social harmony; whether they feel that Victoria and Australia are safe places to live and work; and if not, what threats Victorians and Australians are currently confronting.
- This report, Women on the Move Evaluating a refugee mentoring pilot project, evaluates Women on the Move (WoM), a personal support and settlement mentoring pilot for refugees in Hume City in Melbourne’s northern suburbs.
- For most migrants, finding a job is a crucial step in their successful settlement into Australia. The Australian Bureau of Statistics looks more into Job Search Experience of Migrants.
- Skilled Migration and the Crisis: An Unexplored Relationship in Countries of Origin explores the views on the effects of migrant employment and wages (usually involving semi- and low-skilled workers), as well as trends in remittance flows.
- Public Administration Act 2004.