Round One of the Multicultural Festivals and Events Program (MFE) 2019-20 has now closed. More information about Round Two will be published soon.
What is the program?
The Multicultural Festivals and Events (MFE) program encourages participation of the whole Victorian community in festivals and events to celebrate and embrace our vibrant multicultural diversity.
What's new in the program?
There are several changes to the 2019-20 MFE program that applicants should be aware of and should consider in this application.
- two application rounds
Two application rounds (round 1 and round 2) will be open in 2019-20. Round one is for projects held between 1 July 2019 to 31 December 2019 and is currently open until 22 March 2019. Round two will open in July 2019* and is for projects held between 1 January 2020 to 30 June 2020.
*Dates to be confirmed.
There is a limit of two applications per organisation in any funding round.
- application and evaluation process
All applications in the Medium and Large streams will be asked how the success of the project will be measured. Applicants will be required to report on these performance measures through an accountability report and/or evaluation plan.
Applicants who have overdue accountability reports will not be eligible for the program until they have returned these documents.
- Regional projects
Applications for regional festivals and events will be highly regarded as a proportion of MFE funding will be allocated for regional projects. The MASC Community Grants Team held a number of community grants information sessions in metropolitan and regional locations across the state in February and early March. Attached is a copy of grants information session powerpoint if you were unable to attend. Further forum dates are being planned for MFE Round 2.
Find out more about eligibility requirements in the program guidelines.
How do I apply?
The MFE program is divided into three funding streams, based on the size and scope of your project (see below).
The program is underpinned by the Victorian Values Statement, which is the core of Victoria's Multicultural Policy Statement.
The objectives of the program are to:
- showcase the vibrancy and contribution of Victoria’s multiculturalism through regular celebrations and events that encourage participation of the whole community;
- foster cross-cultural awareness, understanding, respect, community unity and intercultural relationships;
- ensure that Victoria’s multicultural communities can celebrate, preserve and share traditions in meaningful ways; and
- build the capacity and experience of smaller or newer community groups to deliver events through the development of genuine partnerships between community organisations.
A list of successful applicants for the 2018-2019 program can be viewed on the Successful Grants page.