What is the program?
The Multicultural Festivals and Events 2018-19 Schools program (MFE 2018-19 Schools) encourages all Victorians to participate in Cultural Diversity Week celebrations.
Victorian primary and secondary schools can apply for up to $2,000 for celebrations held during or around Cultural Diversity Week in March 2019.
The program is underpinned by the Victorian Values Statement, which is the core of Victoria's new Multicultural Policy Statement.
The objectives of the MFE 2018-19 Schools program are to:
- showcase the vibrancy and contribution of Victoria’s multiculturalism through celebrations and events that encourage participation of Victorian students, and
- build intercultural understanding and/or embed global and multicultural citizenship perspectives for students.
The objectives of Cultural Diversity Week are to:
- engage all Victorians in a program of events and activities that promote and celebrate multiculturalism,
- promote social cohesion in Victoria,
- encourage Victorians to engage in constructive dialogue about multiculturalism,
- provide opportunities for learning about other cultures,
- create opportunities for members of Victoria’s new and emerging communities to be part of community events,
- raise awareness of the Victorian Multicultural Commission (VMC) and its role in promoting and supporting multiculturalism in Victoria, and
- develop strong, ongoing and mutually beneficial sponsorships and relationships.
Find out more about eligibility requirements in the program guidelines.
How do I apply?
Applications are now closed and all applicants will be informed about the outcome of their application in October 2018.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 366 356.
A list of successful applicants for the 2017-2018 program can be viewed on the Successful Grants page.