What is the program?
The Multicultural Sports Fund Program is a strategic partnership program aimed at increasing access and participation in sport for culturally diverse communities.
The Program aims to achieve the following objectives in support of culturally diverse communities:
- Increase social inclusion by building strong and lasting connections between culturally diverse communities and the wider Victorian community
- Enable culturally diverse communities, including young people and women, to better access and participate in local sporting initiatives
- Support the Victorian sports sector to better understand, reach and positively engage with culturally diverse communities
- Increase opportunities for people from culturally diverse communities to become sporting leaders through education and development
- Improve mental and physical health outcomes for culturally diverse communities
Successful applicants have partnered with local communities and local sporting clubs in disadvantaged areas to develop, plan, and implement activities that will increase access to, and participation in, sport.
What funding is available?
A funding pool of $1 million per annum over four years supports this program. If your local club is interested in participating in this program, please contact the relevant successful peak body or sports association listed on the Successful Grants page.
Who is eligible to apply?
For more information about the program and eligibility requirements please ensure you read the program guidelines.
Further funding rounds?
Department of Premier and Cabinet, at this stage, is not considering funding of this program beyond the four year commitment into 2020. Funding to support your club may be available via the Department of Health and Human Services Sports Recreation Victoria (http://sport.vic.gov.au/) . Applications for the Multicultural Sports Fund Grants Program have now closed and are currently being reviewed.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 366 356.