The Security Infrastructure Fund is stream that is aligned to the Multicultural Community Infrastructure Fund and will provide community support for the upgrade and installation of security related infrastructure to existing community facilities.
Underpinned by Victoria’s Multicultural Policy Statement, the fund seeks to ensure that every Victorian has the opportunity to thrive in a peaceful and prosperous society with a shared sense of safety, belonging, respect, acceptance and contribution.
The program involves an eligibility and merit-based application process and is expected to be highly competitive.
Applicants can apply for up to $75,000 towards projects that support Victoria’s community to:
- Upgrade security measures at existing community facilities to increase feelings of safety and physically improve infrastructure
- Feel safe while they continue to engage with and participate in activities that support their traditional culture and identity.
What can be funded?
Security infrastructure includes installations, equipment and works to existing facilities that prevent or deter crime and protect the building and surrounds. It extends to community safety and crime prevention through environmental design, including the removal of environmental characteristics, such as a lack of lighting or poor natural surveillance that can facilitate street crime and violence. This may include lighting, street furniture or other equipment to improve community perceptions of safety.
Security infrastructure may include, but is not limited to:
- Security lighting
- Protective fences, gates or walls
- Adoption of anti-graffiti coatings or graffiti resistant materials
- Initiatives to cover walls vulnerable to graffiti vandalism such as vertical gardens and landscaping, murals and public art
- Fittings such as locks, screens, alarms
- Boundary measures
- Internal/external CCTV cameras
How do I apply?
Applications have now closed and applicants will be advised of an outcome in October.
Find out about other community grants.