This publication (LGA Report) provides data on the key census cultural and language diversity indicators for Victoria’s population, including country of birth (birthplace), language spoken at home and religion by Local Government Areas (LGA). It consists of a main section on these indicators for all of Victoria, followed by 4- and 2- page profiles for each LGA. The Report also includes profiles for the Victorian Multicultural Commission’s 8 Regional Advisory Council (RAC) regions
It is an invaluable guide for local government planners, community organisations, researchers and those in the broader community concerned with policy planning and the design of culturally appropriate services.
Limited hard copies are printed. Electronic copies are available for free download.
To download the publication, click on the links below:
- Introduction and Contents (PDF 291 kb)
- Section 1 - Victoria Overview (PDF 3.18 mb)
- Section 2 - Metropolitan Local Government Areas (PDF 1.34 mb)
- Section 3 - Major Regional Local Government Areas (PDF 802 kb)
- Section 4 - Regional Local Government Areas (PDF 1.12 mb)
- Section 5 - Victorian Government Regions (PDF 908 kb)
- Location maps (PDF 194 kb)
For further information please visit the Australian Bureau of Statistics