The Victorian Multicultural Commission is honoured to congratulate all recipients of Victoria’s 2018 Multicultural Awards for Excellence.
The state's 2018 Diversity Heroes were recognised at a special ceremony attended by high profile dignitaries and guests on Wednesday 12 September at Government House.
A total of 64 receipients were recognised from 165 nominations across 10 categories highlighting the passionate work of individuals and organisations that are strengthening multiculturalism in Victoria.
Find out who they are by clicking on the categories below.
Commission Chairperson Helen Kapalos acknowledged recipients and their work at the ceremony alongside the Governor of Victoria The Hon Linda Desau AC and Mr Anthony Howard QC, Minister for Multicultural Affairs Robin Scott, Acting Chief Commissioner of Victoria Police Shane Patton AMP, Parliamentary Secretary for Education Judith Graley MP, Shadow Minister for Multicultural Affairs Inga Peulich, President of the Legislative Council The Hon Bruce Atkinson MLC and VMC Commissioners.
Victoria’s Multicultural Awards for Excellence honour outstanding individuals and organisations that foster cross-cultural understanding, support migrants and refugees, and celebrate and preserve the diversity of cultures that make Victoria such a great place to live.
Now in their 17th year, the awards are coordinated by the Victorian Multicultural Commission on behalf of the Victorian Government.
Read about previous recipients of Victoria's Multicultural Awards for Excellence:
- Victoria's Multicultural Awards for Excellence 2016 - ceremony booklet
- Victoria's Multicultural Awards for Excellence 2016 - Certificate of Merit recipients
- Award recognises young African changemaker
- 5 minutes with Victoria's 2016 #DiversityHeroes: Nazer Nazir
- 5 minutes with Victoria's #DiversityHeroes: John & Pauline Gandel
- 5 minutes with Victoria's #DiversityHeroes: Julian Leyre